Orders Temporarily ClosedWe are sincerely heartened by your generous response to our plant offerings. Please know our dedicated plant wranglers are working as diligently as possible to ship your plants in a safe and timely fashion. To further assist them, we are temporarily not accepting any new orders until we have processed the multitude of those already placed. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please feel free to continue perusing our online catalog in the meantime. We wish you good health and happy digging!
There are a few things we wanted you to know to help us help you receive your plants in a timely fashion
Please take a look at the following info:
• Is your email address correct? To receive our emails in your inbox, please add email@example.com to your contacts.
• Please note that your payment method will not be charged until Digging Dog has prepared your order for shipping, unless other arrangements are made.
• Digging Dog Nursery’s plants are exposed to all of the natural elements, and are grown with a low-carbon footprint. That said, their shipping readiness is dependent on the weather.
• You may receive your order in 1 or more shipments, and not until the plants are ready.
• Digging Dog Nursery is tended by a team of about a dozen paper and plant wranglers, and is not a big mass market operation.
• It may take 5 days to 2 weeks to receive shipping and availability status once your order is submitted.
• We appreciate your patience, kindness and respect.
• Multiple inquires may cause your order to be delayed.
Are you thinking about contacting us? Please view some F.A.Q.'s
• POT SIZES: Our pot sizes are only listed on the Trees section, as our inventory changes and grows so quickly that it is impossible to list the container sizes. If you have concerns, please submit a list and we will gladly let you know their sizes. We ship well-established plants which are grown in the following container sizes:
Small band: 2-½" square x 5" deep
Medium Band: 3" square x 5-½" deep - (The majority of our perennials & grasses)
Squat Band: 3-¾" square x 4-½" deep
Large Band: 4 square x 6 deep - (Most of our trees & many of our shrubs)
Digging Dog ships potted plants in their containers, and their firm intact root balls are inspected before shipping.
• YOU DIDN'T RECEIVE AN E-MAIL FROM US?: Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to receive our emails directly in your Inbox, otherwise kindly check your Spam or Junk email folder for an automated order acknowledgement from us.
• MINIMUM ORDER: We cannot make exceptions to our minimum order policy.
• Want to read about our sustainable horticultural practices?: Perhaps you may be interested in reading a little bit about our philosophy here at the nursery. We are deeply committed to growing plants in a low-carbon footprint fashion. The majority of our plants are exposed to all of the natural elements. They are either grown outside or in open-sided cold frames, not in climate controlled greenhouses or with the use of growth enhancers and excessive fertilizer applications. We believe this process produces an adaptable and stronger plant. Naturally the weather that we experience during the late winter and early spring months plays an enormous role in a crop’s readiness date for spring shipping. That said, we are sadly well aware that there can be delays in projected ship dates, which in turn can cause customer frustrations.
Current Staff's Favorite Plant
Primulas offer elaborately-crafted colorful blooms in varied shapes,……
including draped bells, candelabras, drumsticks and pincushions. Many Primrose flowers waft a delectable scent. Second-to-none for the dappled recesses of your garden, these easily grown, cold-hardy Primulas crave well-drained, humus-rich niches with adequate moisture and good air circulation. They can grace containers or be planted in swaths along shady walkways or in woodland gardens. Be sure to peruse our online Primulas.
One of the earliest perennials to bloom, you can be picking their enchanting urn-shaped flowers in February while the rest of the garden still slumbers. Many cultivars showcase an array of mercury-hued dapples, speckles and spots, while others sport solid pewter sheens or striking silver streaks. Easy-to-grow Pulmonarias prefer the lacy light of a woodland setting plus cool moist soil. Our newsletter also includes a handful of other shade-loving perennials that promise alluring foliage. Many of these perennials can be partnered with Pulmonarias for intriguing foliar contrast. You may wish to check out our online Pulmonaria offerings.
All of us plant and paper wranglers wish you good health and happy digging!
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.