Hot Diggity Dog! Our Website is open for orders!
Welcome back to Digging Dog's Website!
There are a few things we wanted you to know to help us help you receive your plants in a timely fashion. Please take a look at the following info:
• Is your email address correct? To receive our emails in your inbox, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts.
• Please note that your payment method will not be charged until Digging Dog has prepared your order for shipping, unless other arrangements are made.
• Digging Dog Nursery’s plants are exposed to all of the natural elements, and are grown with a low-carbon footprint. That said, their shipping readiness is dependent on the weather.
• You may receive your order in 1 or more shipments, and not until the plants are ready.
• Digging Dog Nursery is tended by a team of about a dozen paper and plant wranglers, and is not a big mass market operation.
• It may take 5 days to 2 weeks to receive shipping and availability status once your order is submitted.
• We appreciate your patience, kindness and respect.
• Multiple inquires may cause your order to be delayed.
Are you thinking about contacting us? Please view some F.A.Q.'s
• POT SIZES: Our pot sizes are only listed on the Trees section, as our inventory changes and grows so quickly that it is impossible to list the container sizes. If you have concerns, please submit a list and we will gladly let you know their sizes. We ship well-established plants which are grown in the following container sizes:
Small band: 2-½" square x 5" deep
Medium Band: 3" square x 5-½" deep - (The majority of our perennials & grasses)
Squat Band: 3-¾" square x 4-½" deep
Large Band: 4 square x 6 deep - (Most of our trees & many of our shrubs)
Digging Dog ships potted plants in their containers, and their firm intact root balls are inspected before shipping.
• YOU DIDN'T RECEIVE AN E-MAIL FROM US?: Please add email@example.com to your contacts to receive our emails directly in your Inbox, otherwise kindly check your Spam or Junk email folder for an automated order acknowledgement from us.
• MINIMUM ORDER: We cannot make exceptions to our minimum order policy.
• Want to read about our sustainable horticultural practices?: Perhaps you may be interested in reading a little bit about our philosophy here at the nursery. We are deeply committed to growing plants in a low-carbon footprint fashion. The majority of our plants are exposed to all of the natural elements. They are either grown outside or in open-sided cold frames, not in climate controlled greenhouses or with the use of growth enhancers and excessive fertilizer applications. We believe this process produces an adaptable and stronger plant. Naturally the weather that we experience during the late winter and early spring months plays an enormous role in a crop’s readiness date for spring shipping. That said, we are sadly well aware that there can be delays in projected ship dates, which in turn can cause customer frustrations.
Current Staff's Favorite Plant
Beloved by bees and butterflies...
Eupatorium, commonly called Joe-Pye Weed, is an easily grown, dignified North American denizen. Its large, hazy-looking broad domes of clustered rosy purple flowers crown sturdy, straight-up wine-tinted stems with textural deep green leaves that are presented in loosely spaced whorls. Lending handsome mass to meadow plantings and either the middle or back of the border, they can also be grouped or planted singularly along pond and stream edges, as well as woodland peripheries. Joe-Pye Weed appreciates sun or bright shade, good air circulation plus fertile adequately moist soil. Favored by bees and butterflies and perfect for cut arrangements, its fluffy blooms later broadcast mulled cocoa shades then morph into attractive seed heads, which nourish finches and tits. Eupatorium ‘Gateway’ struts a bushier more compact stature, while the straight species boasts a mighty sky-bound stance.
Aster’s cheerful daisy faces....
plus the profusion of colors and sizes that make up this genus promise lots of flower power when other perennials have tuckered out. Invaluable for summer and fall gardens, our no-fuss Aster offerings are tried-and-true performers in sunny locales with average soil and moderate moisture. Cherished by plant aficionados, flower arrangers, song birds and pollinators, many Aster cultivars work well in either formal or informal venues and can be tucked into stylized meadows, cottage gardens and borders Please feel free to peruse our additional on-line Aster selections.
Sprinkled amidst the Asters, we’ve included Hydrangea ‘Limelight’s conical creamy white trusses, the mesmerizing fine-textured foliage of Sorbaria ‘Sem’ plus a handful of other perennials that add late summer appeal.
All of us plant and paper wranglers wish you good health and happy digging!
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.