Orange Feather/Moroccan Poppy
Wielded by man since prehistoric times, Poppies have long been associated with sleep and oblivion, and after the First World War, the Flower of Forgetfulness ironically evolved into a symbol for remembrance. Generally defined by nodding buds, decorative seed heads and solitary fleeting flowers gracing long stems, these sun lovers appreciate a well-drained, somewhat dry position, winter chill, good air circulation and a hard cut after blooming. Plant in mass for best effect.
AVAILABLE FALL 2020
Once you witness the sheer crepe paper-thin orange blooms nodding on tall lanky stems above a bluish green rosette, you’ll see why its common name is so apropos. An applauded brilliantly colored perennial at Chanticleer’s famed ‘ruin and gravel garden,’ Orange Feathers resists deer, tolerates drought, loves good drainage plus makes a self-sowing carefree addition to a cottage garden, rockery, stone wall or even a cut arrangement.
Size: 18" – 2' 0" high x 15" wide.
Hardy to zone 5.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Papaver orientale ‘Allegro’
- Papaver orientale ‘Beauty of Livermere’
- Papaver orientale ‘Harlem’
- Papaver orientale ‘Marlene’
- Papaver orientale ‘Mrs Perry’
- Papaver orientale ‘Patty|#8217;s Plum’
- Papaver orientale ‘Princess Victoria Louise’
- Papaver orientale ‘Royal Wedding’
- Papaver orientale ‘Snow Goose’
- Papaver orientale ‘Turkenlouis’
- Papaver spicatum