In the Middle Ages, Lavender was a chief ingredient in the famous “Four Thieves” vinegar, and today no classic sachet or potpourri would be complete without it.
We use Lavenders in every garden we design. Dependable and drought tolerant, their strikingly handsome flowers, whether white or blue, pink, violet or purple, offer a heady aroma and an upright spiky look, while the foliage forms a pleasing mound during the off season. In the herb garden, border or rockery, they combine well with grasses, perennials or other shrubs. If the plants are cut back in late June, many cultivars will produce a second bloom in autumn.
AVAILABLE MID FALL 2019
This remarkable 2012 introduction from Peace Tree Farms is being touted as one of the best Lavenders on the market after undergoing extensive trials throughout the country. A Lavandula ‘Grosso’ offspring, it’s large, uniform habit exhibits exceptional winter hardiness, an impressive ability to withstand heat and humidity plus excellent disease resistance. Symmetrically arranged, staunch upright stems cloaked in attractive silver-green foliage bolster a fragrant showing of 5 in. long rich blue-violet spikes atop lengthy flower stalks. Splendid in dried or fresh bouquets, ‘Phenomenal’ can be hedged or added to perennial borders and Mediterranean plantings, while its heavily scented leaves and blooms produce high quality oil and culinary seasonings. (PPAF)
Size: 2-1/2' – 3' 0" high x 3' 0" – 4' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 5.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Lavandula x ‘Ana Luisa’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Blue River’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Buena Vista’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Ellagance Purple’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Graves’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Imperial Gem’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Miss Katherine’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Premier’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Purple Bouquet’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Thumbelina Leigh’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Victorian Amethyst’
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Violet Intrigue’
- Lavandula ‘England’
- Lavandula x intermedia ‘Gros Bleu’
- Lavandula x x intermedia ‘Grosso’
- Lavandula x intermedia ‘Hidcote Giant’
- Lavandula x intermedia ‘Lullingstone Castle’
- Lavandula x intermedia ‘Provence’
- Lavandula x intermedia ‘Super’
- Lavandula x intermedia ‘White Spikes’
- Lavandula ‘Lisa Marie’
- Lavandula ‘Richard Gray’
- Lavandula ‘Silver Frost’
- Lavandula stoechas ‘Helmsdale’
- Lavandula stoechas ‘Ivory Crown’
- Lavandula stoechas ‘Madrid Blue’
- Lavandula stoechas ssp. luisieri ‘Tickled Pink’
- Lavandula stoechas ‘Willow Vale’