New Zealand Sedge
A diverse genus comprised of nearly 1000 species, most Carex originate in the moist habitats of temperate climates. Easily grown, our winning selections produce a variety of different colored leaves that promise to soften those sharp edges in your garden.
A cozy fusion of colors—from dark chocolate and cappuccino to reddish bronze—distinguish this fine textured evergreen sedge. Whether positioned in a border, cascading over a wall or embellishing a container, the long and narrow, arching foliage fashions a loosely arranged, graceful mound whose rich warm tones juxtapose green and golden leafage to great affect.
Carex tenuiculmis favors moist soil, and can be brought inside wherever it’s not winter hardy.
Size: 12" – 15" high x 12" – 15" wide.
Hardy to zone 7.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Carex albula ‘Frosted Curls’
- Carex cherokeensis
- Carex conica ‘Snowline’
- Carex divulsa
- Carex dolichostachya ‘Kaga Nishiki’
- Carex elata ‘Aurea’
- Carex elata ‘Knightshayes’
- Carex ‘Feather Falls ™’
- Carex flacca (glauca)
- Carex flacca ‘Burton’s Blue’
- Carex flaccosperma
- Carex flagellifera (Bronze)
- Carex morrowii ‘Ice Dance’
- Carex morrowii var. temnolepis ‘Silk Tassel’
- Carex muskingumensis ‘Little Midge’
- Carex muskingumensis ‘Oehme’
- Carex oshimensis ‘Evergold’
- Carex oshimensis ‘Gold Strike’
- Carex pensylvanica
- Carex pensylvanica ‘Straw Hat’
- Carex plantaginea
- Carex scaposa
- Carex ‘Silver Sceptre’
- Carex testacea
- Carex testacea ‘Prairie Fire’
- Carex texensis