Innovative landscape architect Wolfgang Oehme, who included more than a million ornamental grasses in his designs, considered Molinias to be some of the very best performers of them all. Certainly the most kinetically exciting grass, Molinia’s dense arching tufts of deep green foliage offer sturdy stems holding delicate panicles that eventually age to a straw color and last for months. To heighten the drama, consider providing plenty of room and a dark background.
AVAILABLE MAY 2022
This tailored close-knit clump unleashes a bounty of dense wand-like panicles atop erect and divergent, sturdy green stems with mahogany stains. Showcased to great effect above the linear, grass-like medium green leaves, narrow, lanky deep green flower heads develop dramatic damson hues by late summer, while penny and biscuit tones warm the entire plant once the weather cools down. Maintaining her stylish vase-shaped silhouette well into winter, ‘Edith Dudszus’ can be ensconced anywhere tactile, vertical or kinetic elements are welcome.
Size: 2-1/2' – 4' 0" high x 2' 0" – 2-1/2' wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea ‘Bergfreund’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea ‘Cordoba’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea ‘Karl Foerster’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea ‘Skyracer’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea ‘Staefa’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. caerulea ‘Heidebraut’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. caerulea ‘Moorflamme’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. caerulea ‘Strahlenquelle’
- Molinia caerulea ‘Dauerstrahl’
- Molinia caerulea ‘Moorhexe’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. caerulea ‘Purple Infusion’
- Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea ‘Transparent’
- Molinia caerulea var. caerulea ‘Variegata’
- Molinia litoralis ‘Windspiel’