Due to extremely high demand, any orders received after April 18th may not be processed for approximately 2-5 weeks. Please know our dedicated plant wranglers are utilizing all necessary resources and working as diligently as possible to ship your plants in a safe and timely fashion. Thank you for your orders, as well as your patience and understanding in these difficult times. We wish you good health and happy digging!
Poor Persicaria! Certain weedy, invasive members of the genus have given the rest a bad name, and discouraged gardeners from getting to know these versatile performers. Our garden-worthy selections are happiest in semishade with ample moisture.
AVAILABLE MAY 2020
The deep green leaves of this graceful ground cover turn a rich brown during the winter and form a thick mat over a few seasons. The jointed, wine-red stems pick up the accents in the white and crimson flowers which are arranged, lavenderlike, along dense 2 to 3 in. terminal spikes held over a foot above the foliage. As the blooms mature, they darken to a crimson-rose shade, and finally end their days colored a rich rusty brown.
Blooms late May–September.
Size: 18" high x 3' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 3.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Persicaria amplexicaulis ‘Fat Domino’
- Persicaria amplexicaulis ‘Alba’
- Persicaria amplexicaulis ‘Atrosanguinea’
- Persicaria amplexicaulis ‘Blackfield’
- Persicaria amplexicaulis ‘Golden Arrow’
- Persicaria amplexicaulis ‘Inverleith’
- Persicaria amplexicaulis ‘Orange field’
- Persicaria amplexicaulis ‘Rosea’
- Persicaria amplexicaulis ‘Summer Dance’
- Persicaria amplexicaulis ‘Taurus’
- Persicaria bistorta ‘Hohe Tatra’
- Persicaria bistorta ‘Superba’
- Persicaria microcephala ‘Red Dragon’