Giant Pale Yellow Sunflower
The sunflower was once an emblem of the Inca Sun God. This well-loved genus is 150 species strong and includes not only sprightly garden plants but commercially important food and oil crops. Our easy-to-grow selections make great cut flowers and attract bees plus tolerate a wide range of soil conditions.
Late blooming pastel yellow flowers gaze down at onlookers from atop lofty, sturdy stems. Combine with Buddleja ‘Ellen’s Blue’, Calamagrostis ‘Karl Foerster’ and tall, late Asters in the rear of the border.
Blooms early August – October
Size: 6' 0" – 10' 0" high x 2' 0" – 3' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 6.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Helianthus angustifolius
- Helianthus angustifolius ‘Gold Lace’
- Helianthus angustifolius ‘Matanzas Creek’
- Helianthus ‘Undaunted (Tm) Lemon Max (Dakota Queen)’
- Helianthus hirsutus
- Helianthus laetiflorus ‘Lemon Queen’
- Helianthus maximiliana ‘Santa Fe’
- Helianthus x multiflorus ‘Capenoch Star’
- Helianthus salicifolius