The definitive bellflower, Campanulas melt your heart as they ring in the summer. The genus includes nearly 300 species, from dainty miniatures to stalwart uprights; we can’t resist including them in almost every garden design.
AVAILABLE SPRING 2020
Not one person has passed by this plant in our garden without stopping to admire its extraordinary bell-shaped cherry-red flowers, which are neatly edged in white. Brightened by pale, purple-spotted throats, they can extend over 3 in. If the timing is right, onlookers will also notice the unusual ridged buds, fastened by long, narrow green calyxes. The ample-sized, pendulous blooms and buds are especially striking against the backdrop of somewhat triangular, serrated green leaves.
Size: 20" – 2' 0" high x 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 5.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Campanula alliariifolia
- Campanula barbata
- Campanula ‘Birch Hybrid’
- Campanula carpatica var. turbinata var. turbinata
- Campanula garganica ‘Dickson’s Gold’
- Campanula glomerata ‘Caroline’
- Campanula ‘Kent Belle’
- Campanula lactiflora ‘Avalanche’
- Campanula lactiflora ‘Loddon Anna’
- Campanula lactiflora ‘Pouffe’
- Campanula lactiflora ‘Prichards Variety’
- Campanula lactiflora ‘White Pouffe’
- Campanula latiloba ‘Alba’
- Campanula portenschlagiana
- Campanula poscharskyana ‘Blue Waterfall’
- Campanula poscharskyana ‘E. H. Frost’
- Campanula poscharskyana ‘Stella’
- Campanula ‘Purple Sensation’
- Campanula ‘Sarastro’
- Campanula sarmatica
- Campanula takesimana
- Campanula trachelium ‘Bernice’