Sometime around May a certain fragrance tells us that it’s time for sunny days and warm weather. It’s Nepeta! Catmint, as it is commonly called, is a free bloomer whose billowy mounds of blue-violet, lavender, pink or white flowers are as opulent as its aromatic foliage. Supposedly, this herb renders timid people fierce, and the botanist Tournefort tells of a hangman who couldn’t cut the mustard “until he chewed a little catmint root.” Have some Loosestrife around in case things get out of hand. Cut back in July for an encore in the fall.
AVAILABLE SPRING 2022
‘Little Titch’ has such a small stature that even Nepeta ‘Superba’ is more upright. Its tightly packed ash-green leaves form a dense ground-level mass. Garnishing stem tips, small heads of rich blue-violet flowers faithfully unfurl until the end of summer. ‘Little Titch’ is delightful between rocks or right up front with Achillea ‘Hella Glashoff’ and Diascia ‘Coral Canyon’.
Size: 8" – 10" high x 15" wide.
Hardy to zone 5.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Nepeta ‘Blue Dragon’
- Nepeta faassenii ‘Kit Cat’
- Nepeta x faassenii ‘Purrsian Blue’
- Nepeta x faassenii ‘Select Blue’
- Nepeta grandiflora ‘Dawn to Dusk’
- Nepeta grandiflora ‘Wild Cat’
- Nepeta grandiflorum ‘Summer Magic’
- Nepeta x ‘Joanna Reed’
- Nepeta kubanica ‘Bokratune’
- Nepeta latifolia
- Nepeta ‘Longipes’
- Nepeta nervosa
- Nepeta nuda ssp. albiflora
- Nepeta parnassica
- Nepeta ‘Pool Bank’
- Nepeta ‘Psfike (Little Trudy)™’
- Nepeta racemosa ‘Superba’
- Nepeta racemosa ‘Walkers Low’
- Nepeta reichenbachiana
- Nepeta sibirica ‘Souvenir d’ A. Chaudron’
- Nepeta x ‘Six Hills Giant’
- Nepeta ‘Snowflake’
- Nepeta stewartiana
- Nepeta subsessilis ‘Blue Dreams’
- Nepeta subsessilis ‘Cool Cat’
- Nepeta subsessilis ‘Sweet Dreams’
- Nepeta subsessilis ‘Washfield’