Named after Euphorbus, physician to the king of Mauritania, this robust, sun-loving genus includes the familiar Poinsettia and is over 1600 species strong. Most species have a poisonous milky sap and soft-colored bracts that surround subtly defined flowers. Autumn watches their narrow green leaves turn shades of red, orange and yellow.
A sweet melding of purplish new tips in spring, sulphur-yellow flowers plus narrow, curvy edged leaves with bluish tints forms an exceptionally tidy low growing mound. A delectable addition to any border, pair this carefree long-lived Euphorbia with Brunnera or Omphalodes.
Size: 12" – 16" high x 2-1/2' wide.
Hardy to zone 5.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Euphorbia amygaloides ‘Ruby Glow’
- Euphorbia ‘Blue Haze’
- Euphorbia ‘Canyon Gold’
- Euphorbia characias ssp. wulfenii
- Euphorbia characias ssp. wulfenii ssp. wulfenii ‘John Tomlinson’
- Euphorbia characias ssp. wulfenii ‘Lambrook Gold’
- Euphorbia characias ‘Red Wing’
- Euphorbia ‘Copton Ash’
- Euphorbia ‘Dean’s Hybrid’
- Euphorbia donii (Dixter Form)
- Euphorbia ‘Excalibur’
- Euphorbia griffithii ‘Fern Cottage’
- Euphorbia griffithii ‘Fireglow’
- Euphorbia griffithii ‘Great Dixter’
- Euphorbia ‘Helen Robinson’
- Euphorbia ‘Jade Dragon’
- Euphorbia ‘Limewall’
- Euphorbia longifolia
- Euphorbia mellifera
- Euphorbia myrsinites
- Euphorbia rigida
- Euphorbia sikkimensis