Named after Euphorbus, physician to the king of Mauritania, this robust, sun-loving genus includes the familiar Poinsettia and is over 1600 species strong. Most species have a poisonous milky sap and soft-colored bracts that surround subtly defined flowers. Autumn watches their narrow green leaves turn shades of red, orange and yellow.
AVAILABLE SUMMER 2021
The late renowned garden writer Christopher Lloyd, selected this superb Euphorbia for its sumptuous display of fiery hues. Debuting purple-tinged coral shoots, reddish bronze stems, dark green foliage flushed with copper-red tints and burnt apricot-pink blooms, ‘Great Dixter’ seldom experiences a lackluster moment. The unforgettable radiance that emanates from this compact griffithii can be shown to great effect next to Kniphofia ‘Bee’s Sunset’.
Size: 2' 0" – 3' 0" high x 2' 0" & spreading wide.
Hardy to zone 6.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Euphorbia amygaloides ‘Ruby Glow’
- Euphorbia ‘Blue Haze’
- Euphorbia ‘Canyon Gold’
- Euphorbia characias ssp. wulfenii
- Euphorbia characias ssp. wulfenii ssp. wulfenii ‘John Tomlinson’
- Euphorbia characias ssp. wulfenii ‘Lambrook Gold’
- Euphorbia characias ‘Red Wing’
- Euphorbia ‘Copton Ash’
- Euphorbia ‘Dean’s Hybrid’
- Euphorbia donii (Dixter Form)
- Euphorbia ‘Excalibur’
- Euphorbia griffithii ‘Fern Cottage’
- Euphorbia griffithii ‘Fireglow’
- Euphorbia ‘Helen Robinson’
- Euphorbia ‘Jade Dragon’
- Euphorbia ‘Limewall’
- Euphorbia longifolia
- Euphorbia mellifera
- Euphorbia myrsinites
- Euphorbia polychroma ‘Candy’
- Euphorbia rigida
- Euphorbia sikkimensis