Named after Euphorbus, physician to the king of Mauritania, this robust, sun-loving genus includes the familiar Poinsettia and is over 1600 species strong. Most species have a poisonous milky sap and soft-colored bracts that surround subtly defined flowers. Autumn watches their narrow green leaves turn shades of red, orange and yellow.
This choice Euphorbia hybrid between nicaeensis and seguieriana ssp. niciciana should make its way into more gardens. Crowned by yellow-green flower heads, attractive, blue-gray linear foliage is densely arranged, forming a compact and bushy evergreen mound. Cistus ‘Grayswood Pink’ and Thymus ‘Archer’s Gold’ bring contrasting accents to its pale pointed leaves and glowing blooms.
Size: 18" high x 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 5.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Euphorbia amygaloides ‘Ruby Glow’
- Euphorbia ‘Canyon Gold’
- Euphorbia characias ssp. wulfenii
- Euphorbia characias ssp. wulfenii ssp. wulfenii ‘John Tomlinson’
- Euphorbia characias ssp. wulfenii ‘Lambrook Gold’
- Euphorbia characias ‘Red Wing’
- Euphorbia ‘Copton Ash’
- Euphorbia ‘Dean’s Hybrid’
- Euphorbia donii (Dixter Form)
- Euphorbia ‘Excalibur’
- Euphorbia griffithii ‘Fern Cottage’
- Euphorbia griffithii ‘Fireglow’
- Euphorbia griffithii ‘Great Dixter’
- Euphorbia ‘Helen Robinson’
- Euphorbia ‘Jade Dragon’
- Euphorbia ‘Limewall’
- Euphorbia longifolia
- Euphorbia mellifera
- Euphorbia myrsinites
- Euphorbia polychroma ‘Candy’
- Euphorbia rigida
- Euphorbia sikkimensis