Derived from the Italian primaverola, the name of this genus pays homage to the way its often early blossoms welcome spring. Many of the more than 400 species are at home in the moist climates of England, New Zealand and the Pacific Coast. The selections we offer are cold-hardy, yet will need ample water in warmer locales. Lovely planted en masse, Primroses are ideal for woodland gardens, damp borders, by a pond or streamside.
AVAILABLE SPRING 2021
Elaborate floral detail is this long-lived Primula’s hallmark. A 2009 Jelitto Perennial Seeds introduction, ‘Silver Lace Purple’ showcases ornate clusters of silver-rimmed, bright royal-purple flowers inlaid with golden eyes on steady stems. Well-suited for planting in rock work, along a path or near a bench, the noteworthy, oval-shaped semievergreen leaves comprise thick, compact midgreen rosettes that can be divided every 3 or 4 years.
Size: 10" – 12" high x 12" wide.
Hardy to zone 5.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Primula elatior ‘Victorian Gold Lace Black’
- Primula beesiana
- Primula bulleyana
- Primula capitata ssp. mooreana
- Primula capitata ‘Salvana’
- Primula cockburniana
- Primula denticulata var. Alba
- Primula denticulata ‘Blue Selection’
- Primula ‘Dunbeg’
- Primula elatior ‘Victoriana Gold Lace Red’
- Primula ‘Elizabeth Killelay’
- Primula florindae
- Primula marginata ‘Mauve Mist’
- Primula x polyantha ‘Dawn Ansell’
- Primula polyneura
- Primula rosea ‘Gigas’
- Primula vialii
- Primula vulgaris ‘Double Lilac’
- Primula waltonii