Derived from the Italian primaverola, the name of this genus pays homage to the way its often early blossoms welcome spring. Many of the more than 400 species are at home in the moist climates of England, New Zealand and the Pacific Coast. The selections we offer are cold-hardy, yet will need ample water in warmer locales. Lovely planted en masse, Primroses are ideal for woodland gardens, damp borders, by a pond or streamside.
AVAILABLE FALL 2021
Introduced by Jelitto Perennial Seeds in 2016, this splendid low growing Primula sports a soft-looking pewter-hued powder that dusts erect flower stalks as well as the top of each unique pin- cushion-style bloom. The attractive, low green basal rosette of oblong, white-haired serrated foliage anchors domed blue-violet clusters, each densely packed with tiny trumpet-like blossoms. Steeped in fetching detail, ‘Salvana’ yearns for an easily viewed cranny, cool summers and evenly moist well draining soil.
Size: 15" high x 12" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Primula elatior ‘Victorian Gold Lace Black’
- Primula beesiana
- Primula bulleyana
- Primula capitata ssp. mooreana
- Primula cockburniana
- Primula denticulata var. Alba
- Primula denticulata ‘Blue Selection’
- Primula ‘Dunbeg’
- Primula elatior x ‘Silver Lace Purple’
- Primula elatior ‘Victoriana Gold Lace Red’
- Primula ‘Elizabeth Killelay’
- Primula florindae
- Primula marginata ‘Mauve Mist’
- Primula x polyantha ‘Dawn Ansell’
- Primula polyneura
- Primula rosea ‘Gigas’
- Primula vialii
- Primula vulgaris ‘Double Lilac’
- Primula waltonii