According to Smith’s Exotic Botany of 1805, “The more refined admirers of Nature” rate Astrantia among their favorite blossoms. The flowers resemble tiny enchanting fireworks: a starburst of bracts surround the spray of small blooms and splashy groups of buds shoot out from branched stems like the finale on the 4th of July. If a natural look is what you’re after, plant Masterworts near a lightly shaded patio or path where you can enjoy their detail. This is an ideal cut flower, fresh or dried.
Distinguished by its uniquely colored blooms and valiant upright silhouette, this spectacular new cultivar debuts large, rounded sprays of petite, purple-infused burgundy flowers resting upon showy silver and crimson-hued bracts. Shiny, toothed palmate dark greenery elevates the bountiful floral display that unfolds from spring ’til October and makes a gorgeous full-toned match for Rodgersia ‘Bronze Form’ and Geranium ‘Anne Thomson’.
Size: 2' 0" high x 18" – 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 5.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Astrantia ‘Burgundy Manor’
- Astrantia major ‘Buckland’
- Astrantia major ‘Canneman’
- Astrantia major ‘Claret’
- Astrantia major ‘Hadspen Blood’
- Astrantia major ‘Lars’
- Astrantia major ‘Madeleine Van Bennekom’
- Astrantia major ‘Pink Pride’
- Astrantia major ‘Roma’
- Astrantia major ‘Rubby Wedding’
- Astrantia major ssp. involucrata ‘Shaggy’
- Astrantia major ‘White Giant’
- Astrantia major ‘Moulin Rouge’