These stunning plants add an exotic touch to the border and a refined look to any flower arrangement with their elaborate blend of vivaciously colored and intricately marked flowers. The Lily-like blooms are borne in large heads above bushy spreading clumps of linear foliage. Thriving in well-drained soil, Alstroemerias need protection from intense sun and extreme winters. Mulch heavily in colder areas or try planting in a container, bringing them into a cool garden room for the winter.
This new Dutch-based Royal Van Zanten introduction peacocks a gregarious burst of big funnel-like magenta-purple blooms heightened by flaxen-colored swaths with maroon dashes on the inside and chartreuse brushstrokes on the outer petals. Popular amongst gardeners short on space, flower arrangers and butterflies, her prismatic flowers top a low-growing lush bushy mound that emphasizes strong stems plus snug lance-shaped green leaves. ‘Princess Lilian’ can hold court in patio containers or small planting beds, and along pathways or atop walls, where she promises to turn quite a few heads.
Size: 10" – 14" high x 18" & spreading wide.
Hardy to zone 8.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Alstroemeria ‘Casablanca’
- Alstroemeria ‘Champagne’
- Alstroemeria ‘Compact Red’
- Alstroemeria ‘Duchess d’Anjou Beatrice’
- Alstroemeria ‘Dusty Rose’
- Alstroemeria ‘Henry’s Violet’
- Alstroemeria ‘Lavender Blush’
- Alstroemeria majestic ‘Layon’
- Alstroemeria ‘Marjorie’s Hybrid’
- Alstroemeria ‘Meyer’s Rose’
- Alstroemeria ‘Princess Victoria’
- Alstroemeria ‘Princess Fabiana’
- Alstroemeria ‘Rachel’
- Alstroemeria ‘Red Valley’
- Alstroemeria ‘Sweet Laura’
- Alstroemeria ‘Third Harmonic’
- Alstroemeria violacea ‘Yellow Friendship’