The soft inflorescences take their name from the Latin words penna and seta meaning feather-bristle. This alluring grass is a favorite, distinguished by arching, feathery bottlebrush flowers spilling over a cascading mound of foliage. A warm season grower, Fountain Grass welcomes hot weather and is widely distributed in both tropical and temperate areas.
If you are looking for a perfectly sized Pennisetum that’s loaded with fluffy blooms and doesn’t require much care, this new cultivar may be your answer. Though ‘Piglet’ is small-statured, about half the size of Pennisetum ‘Hameln’, it’s certainly not the runt of the litter, growing taller and more substantial than ‘Little Bunny’. Easy to tuck into a tight, well-drained space amid Aster asperulus and Astrantia ‘Buckland’, it’s long-lived, fine textured green foliage supports a light-as-air profusion of cylindrical tawny-colored blooms. (pp#19,074)
Size: 18" high x 18" – 2' 0" wide.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Foxtrot’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Cassian’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Ginger Love’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Hameln’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Moudry’
- Pennisetum alopecuroides ‘Red Head’
- Pennisetum ‘Fairy Tails’
- Pennisetum massaicum ‘Red Buttons’
- Pennisetum orientale
- Pennisetum orientale ‘Karley Rose’
- Pennisetum orientale ‘Tall Tails’
- Pennisetum slopeduroides ‘JS Jommenik’
- Pennisetum spathiolatum