We never tire of Aster’s cheerful daisy faces and the profusion of colors and sizes that make up this genus, from 6 ft. giants to tiny dwarf alpines. Our Asters, large and small, are tried and true performers in ordinary garden soil and full sun. Generally late summer bloomers, they provide lots of oomph when many perennials have petered out.
With a billowy habit, a reliable floriferous nature and fine foliage that looks dapper all season long, ‘Coombe Fishacre’ is one of our favorite Asters. Its deep green leaves cover sweeping branches all the way down, while a slew of lilac flowers warmed by rosy brown centers roost above. Well after the blooms have faded, the seed heads add intriguing colors and shapes.
This first-class Aster never needs staking and can be planted in large drifts amid Miscanthus ‘Nippon’, Molinia ‘Bergfreund’ or Eupatorium ‘Gateway’ for glowing pink echoes.
Size: 2-1/2' high x 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 5.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Aster asperulus
- Aster ‘Bill’s Big Blue’
- Aster ‘Bridal Veil’
- Aster ‘Cassie’
- Aster cordifolius
- Aster cordifolius ‘Avondale’
- Aster cordifolius ‘Chieftain’
- Aster cordifolius ‘Little Carlow’
- Aster divaricatus
- Aster divaricatus ‘Beth Chatto’
- Aster ericoides hyb. ‘Ringdove’
- Aster ericoides ‘Golden Spray’
- Aster ericoides ‘Monte Cassino’
- Aster x frikartii ‘Monch’
- Aster laevis ‘Bluebird’
- Aster laevis ‘Climax’
- Aster lateriflorus ‘Bleke Bet’
- Aster lateriflorus ‘Lady in Black’
- Aster lateriflorus var. horizontalis ‘Prince’
- Aster lateriflorus ‘White Lovely’
- Aster macrophyllus ‘Twilight’
- Aster novae-angliae ‘Harrington’s Pink’
- Aster novae-angliae ‘Purple Dome’
- Aster novi-belgii ‘Blue Danube’
- Aster novi-belgii ‘White Climax’
- Aster oblongifolius ‘Dream of Beauty’
- Aster oblongifolius ‘October Skies’
- Aster oblongifolius ‘Raydon’s Favorite’
- Aster ‘Ochtendgloren’
- Aster pyrenaeus ‘Lutetia’
- Aster tataricus ‘Jindai’
- Aster turbinellus
- Aster umbellatus