We never tire of Aster’s cheerful daisy faces and the profusion of colors and sizes that make up this genus, from 6 ft. giants to tiny dwarf alpines. Our Asters, large and small, are tried and true performers in ordinary garden soil and full sun. Generally late summer bloomers, they provide lots of oomph when many perennials have petered out.
AVAILABLE SPRING 2020
Lifted on tall strong stems, a starry haze of umpteen, tiny, pale lavender-blue daisies lining branched upright sprays earned this impressive celebrity an AGM award and a place in our garden. Rich green tailored foliage stays fresh, while the sunny-eyed flowers lend an ethereal look to the fall landscape that can be juxtaposed against the coarser beauty of Vernonia crinita. Let shrubby roses or more sturdy perennials provide support in the back of the border, otherwise it will need staking or a spring pinching to ensure a shorter stature.
Blooms mid-August – October.
Size: 5' 0" high x 3' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Aster asperulus
- Aster ‘Bill’s Big Blue’
- Aster ‘Bridal Veil’
- Aster ‘Cassie’
- Aster ‘Coombe Fishacre’
- Aster cordifolius
- Aster cordifolius ‘Avondale’
- Aster cordifolius ‘Little Carlow’
- Aster divaricatus
- Aster divaricatus ‘Beth Chatto’
- Aster ericoides hyb. ‘Ringdove’
- Aster ericoides ‘Golden Spray’
- Aster ericoides ‘Monte Cassino’
- Aster x frikartii ‘Monch’
- Aster laevis ‘Bluebird’
- Aster laevis ‘Climax’
- Aster lateriflorus ‘Bleke Bet’
- Aster lateriflorus ‘Lady in Black’
- Aster lateriflorus var. horizontalis ‘Prince’
- Aster lateriflorus ‘White Lovely’
- Aster macrophyllus ‘Twilight’
- Aster novae-angliae ‘Harrington’s Pink’
- Aster novae-angliae ‘Purple Dome’
- Aster novae-angliae ‘Violetta’
- Aster novi-belgii ‘Blue Danube’
- Aster novi-belgii ‘White Climax’
- Aster oblongifolius ‘Dream of Beauty’
- Aster oblongifolius ‘October Skies’
- Aster oblongifolius ‘Raydon’s Favorite’
- Aster ‘Ochtendgloren’
- Aster pyrenaeus ‘Lutetia’
- Aster tataricus ‘Jindai’
- Aster turbinellus
- Aster umbellatus