Christmas Rose/Lenten Rose
Stories about this genus are countless. In medieval times, it was considered a weapon against witches, madness and evil spirits. Hellebores deserve a place in every garden, not only because of their supposed power, but because they bloom for a long time, early in winter, when the weather is cool and many plants are still dormant. Most like moist, loamy soil with lime and leaf mold. We like them as ground covers for deciduous shrubs, conifers, or broad-leafed evergreens, and when possible plant them in an elevated spot to admire their flowers.
This deluxe long-lived Heuger Hellebore earns her diva status as copious, extralarge and slightly cupped crisp-white blooms appear just after Thanksgiving. Donning subtly pink stigmas, the early outward-facing flowers unfurl from soft rose-imbued buds atop a shapely evergreen bed of stout stems plus thick palmate forest-green foliage that’s festooned with reddish leaf petioles. Whether in a woodland setting, prized patio container or cut floral centerpiece, ‘Diva’ guarantees both gusto and grace.
Size: 12" high x 18" wide.
Hardy to zone 5.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Helleborus argutifolius
- Helleborus x ballardiae ‘HGC Pink Frost’
- Helleborus foetidus ‘Wester Flisk’
- Helleborus ‘Grape Galaxy (Winter Thriller™)’
- Helleborus ‘HGC Ice n’ Roses® ‘Merlot’’
- Helleborus x hybridus
- Helleborus x hybridus ‘Amber Gem’
- Helleborus x hybridus ‘Black Diamond’
- Helleborus x hybridus ‘Blue Metallic Lady’
- Helleborus x hybridus ‘Jade Tiger’
- Helleborus x hybridus ‘Mardi Gras Slate Shades’
- Helleborus x hybridus ‘Onyx Odyssey’
- Helleborus x hybridus ‘Painted’
- Helleborus x hybridus ‘Painted Doubles’
- Helleborus x hybridus ‘Picotee Lady’
- Helleborus x hybridus ‘Red Lady’
- Helleborus x hybridus ‘Red Sapphire’
- Helleborus x hybridus ‘Sparkling Diamond’
- Helleborus x hybridus ‘White Lady Spotted’
- Helleborus x lemonnierae ‘HGC Madame Lemonnier’
- Helleborus ‘Midnight Ruffles’
- Helleborus niger ‘HGC Jonas’
- Helleborus niger ‘HGC Jacob’
- Helleborus niger ‘HGC Joseph Lemper’
- Helleborus x nigersmithii ‘Ivory Prince’
- Helleborus ‘Red Racer’
- Helleborus ‘Sunshine Ruffles’