Named after Euphorbus, physician to the king of Mauritania, this robust, sun-loving genus includes the familiar Poinsettia and is over 1600 species strong. Most species have a poisonous milky sap and soft-colored bracts that surround subtly defined flowers. Autumn watches their narrow green leaves turn shades of red, orange and yellow.
AVAILABLE SUMMER 2021
Perhaps more muted in color than a cardinal’s wing but still as captivating, this new cultivar is enlivened with red-tinged young growth and red floral buds held by reddish stems. All this rubescent coloring richly complements the handsome dark green foliage, and in late winter the profusion of radiant yellow-green bracts set its compact form aglow. Appealing year-round, ‘Red Wing’ can be paired with Omphalodes.
Blooms late March–May.
Size: 20" – 2' 0" high x 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 5.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Euphorbia amygaloides ‘Ruby Glow’
- Euphorbia ‘Blue Haze’
- Euphorbia ‘Canyon Gold’
- Euphorbia characias ssp. wulfenii
- Euphorbia characias ssp. wulfenii ssp. wulfenii ‘John Tomlinson’
- Euphorbia characias ssp. wulfenii ‘Lambrook Gold’
- Euphorbia ‘Copton Ash’
- Euphorbia ‘Dean’s Hybrid’
- Euphorbia donii (Dixter Form)
- Euphorbia ‘Excalibur’
- Euphorbia griffithii ‘Fern Cottage’
- Euphorbia griffithii ‘Fireglow’
- Euphorbia griffithii ‘Great Dixter’
- Euphorbia ‘Helen Robinson’
- Euphorbia ‘Jade Dragon’
- Euphorbia ‘Limewall’
- Euphorbia longifolia
- Euphorbia mellifera
- Euphorbia myrsinites
- Euphorbia polychroma ‘Candy’
- Euphorbia rigida
- Euphorbia sikkimensis