One of the earliest plants to bloom, you can be picking Lungwort’s urn-shaped flowers in February while the rest of the garden still slumbers. Easy-to-grow Pulmonarias prefer the lacy light of a woodland setting and cool moist soil. They are excellent noninvasive ground covers.
Pristine, soft white flowers crown mercury-dappled and freckled deep green leaves that are broader than other saccharata species. Resembling ‘Roy Davidson’ in terms of spotted foliage, this Pulmonaria is more open, bearing its flowers more loosely and later in the spring.
Size: 10" high x 12" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Pulmonaria angustifolia ‘Blaues Meer’
- Pulmonaria ‘Apple Frost’
- Pulmonaria ‘Benediction’
- Pulmonaria ‘Berries and Cream’
- Pulmonaria ‘Diana Clare’
- Pulmonaria ‘Excalibur’
- Pulmonaria ‘Little Star’
- Pulmonaria longifolia ssp. cevennensis
- Pulmonaria longifolia ‘Bertram Anderson’
- Pulmonaria ‘Majesté’
- Pulmonaria ‘Opal’
- Pulmonaria ‘Roy Davidson’
- Pulmonaria saccharata ‘Dora Bielefeld’
- Pulmonaria saccharata ‘Highdown’
- Pulmonaria ‘Silver Streamers’
- Pulmonaria ‘Trevi Fountain’