One of the earliest plants to bloom, you can be picking Lungwort’s urn-shaped flowers in February while the rest of the garden still slumbers. Easy-to-grow Pulmonarias prefer the lacy light of a woodland setting and cool moist soil. They are excellent noninvasive ground covers.
The raspberry-pink flower of this species is a new color for Pulmonarias. Against the sparkling, mostly silver leaves with slightly ruffled, mottled green margins, the flowers are as enticing as a bowl of fresh berries and cream. Plant in large drifts and watch the flowers—and your garden—turn purple with age.
Size: 12" high x 18" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Pulmonaria angustifolia ‘Blaues Meer’
- Pulmonaria ‘Apple Frost’
- Pulmonaria ‘Benediction’
- Pulmonaria ‘Diana Clare’
- Pulmonaria ‘Excalibur’
- Pulmonaria ‘Little Star’
- Pulmonaria longifolia ssp. cevennensis
- Pulmonaria longifolia ‘Bertram Anderson’
- Pulmonaria ‘Majesté’
- Pulmonaria ‘Opal’
- Pulmonaria ‘Roy Davidson’
- Pulmonaria saccharata ‘Dora Bielefeld’
- Pulmonaria saccharata ‘Highdown’
- Pulmonaria saccharata ‘Sissinghurst White’
- Pulmonaria ‘Silver Streamers’
- Pulmonaria ‘Trevi Fountain’