One of the earliest plants to bloom, you can be picking Lungwort’s urn-shaped flowers in February while the rest of the garden still slumbers. Easy-to-grow Pulmonarias prefer the lacy light of a woodland setting and cool moist soil. They are excellent noninvasive ground covers.
Spotted by highly regarded British plant maven Bob Brown and named in honor of his wife, this robust P. longifolia hybrid is hailed as one of the best silver-leafed Pulmonaria for hot locales. Dashing, long pointed leaves are initially rimmed with a stippled pewter and green border, which quickly morphs into solid sterling silver. A classy early spring charmer, ‘Diana Clare’s well-tailored clump cushions plentiful, perky dark violet blooms, aging to cobalt-blue on short sturdy stalks.
Blooms late February–April
Size: 10" high x 12" – 18" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Pulmonaria angustifolia ‘Blaues Meer’
- Pulmonaria ‘Apple Frost’
- Pulmonaria ‘Benediction’
- Pulmonaria ‘Berries and Cream’
- Pulmonaria ‘Blue Ensign’
- Pulmonaria ‘Excalibur’
- Pulmonaria ‘Little Star’
- Pulmonaria longifolia ssp. cevennensis
- Pulmonaria longifolia ‘Bertram Anderson’
- Pulmonaria ‘Majesté’
- Pulmonaria ‘Opal’
- Pulmonaria ‘Roy Davidson’
- Pulmonaria saccharata ‘Dora Bielefeld’
- Pulmonaria saccharata ‘Highdown’
- Pulmonaria saccharata ‘Sissinghurst White’
- Pulmonaria ‘Silver Streamers’
- Pulmonaria ‘Silver Bouquet’
- Pulmonaria ‘Trevi Fountain’