One of the earliest plants to bloom, you can be picking Lungwort’s urn-shaped flowers in February while the rest of the garden still slumbers. Easy-to-grow Pulmonarias prefer the lacy light of a woodland setting and cool moist soil. They are excellent noninvasive ground covers.
AVAILABLE MID-APRIL 2020
Bred by Pulmonaria aficionado Janet Egger and introduced by Terra Nova Nursery in 2009, this mounding silver-leafed cultivar inherits a welcome heat and mildew-resistant bent from its Pulmonaria longifolia ssp. cevennensis heritage. Showcasing green edges and occasional mottling, long, lustrous, lance-shaped leaves make a posh glittering statement even before the flared bell-like pink blooms take on bright blue-violet shades. ‘Silver Bouquet’s stalwart clump can edge a shady border where it shrugs off slugs and deer plus mingles with Athyrium ‘Ghost’, Anemone leveillei and some spring bulbs. (pp#20,059)
Size: 8" – 10" high x 15" – 20" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Pulmonaria angustifolia ‘Blaues Meer’
- Pulmonaria ‘Apple Frost’
- Pulmonaria ‘Benediction’
- Pulmonaria ‘Berries and Cream’
- Pulmonaria ‘Diana Clare’
- Pulmonaria ‘Excalibur’
- Pulmonaria ‘Little Star’
- Pulmonaria longifolia ssp. cevennensis
- Pulmonaria longifolia ‘Bertram Anderson’
- Pulmonaria ‘Majesté’
- Pulmonaria ‘Opal’
- Pulmonaria ‘Roy Davidson’
- Pulmonaria saccharata ‘Dora Bielefeld’
- Pulmonaria saccharata ‘Highdown’
- Pulmonaria saccharata ‘Sissinghurst White’
- Pulmonaria ‘Silver Streamers’
- Pulmonaria ‘Trevi Fountain’