One of the earliest plants to bloom, you can be picking Lungwort’s urn-shaped flowers in February while the rest of the garden still slumbers. Easy-to-grow Pulmonarias prefer the lacy light of a woodland setting and cool moist soil. They are excellent noninvasive ground covers.
With a metallic effulgence that’s reminiscent of mercury, this Pulmonaria is a refined inspiration for the darker corners of your garden. Its lance-shaped leaves are completely frosted in silver except for a pencil-thin, deep green edge. Impressively mildew resistant, ‘Excalibur’s striking foliage is graced by charming rosy pink and blue flowers long before spring’s treasure trove of bloom gets underway. (pp#8958).
Size: 10" high x 20" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Pulmonaria angustifolia ‘Blaues Meer’
- Pulmonaria ‘Apple Frost’
- Pulmonaria ‘Benediction’
- Pulmonaria ‘Berries and Cream’
- Pulmonaria ‘Diana Clare’
- Pulmonaria ‘Little Star’
- Pulmonaria longifolia ssp. cevennensis
- Pulmonaria longifolia ‘Bertram Anderson’
- Pulmonaria ‘Majesté’
- Pulmonaria ‘Opal’
- Pulmonaria ‘Roy Davidson’
- Pulmonaria saccharata ‘Dora Bielefeld’
- Pulmonaria saccharata ‘Highdown’
- Pulmonaria saccharata ‘Sissinghurst White’
- Pulmonaria ‘Silver Streamers’
- Pulmonaria ‘Silver Bouquet’
- Pulmonaria ‘Trevi Fountain’