These elegant perennials impart a lofty vertical element to the late summer garden. Adorned with distinctive narrow spires of densely arranged tiny flowers, Veronicastrum are native to meadows and woodlands, and are simple to grow in adequately moist soil.
‘Apollo’s leafy stems taper delicately into foot-long lilac racemes tipped with lucent green buds, which bend and curve, adding a playful air to its imposing carriage. Display graceful ‘Apollo’ with Angelica archangelica’s rounded umbels, and the rosy plumes of Miscanthus ‘Nippon’.
Size: 5' 0" – 5-1/2' high x 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Veronicastrum sibiricum
- Veronicastrum sibiricum ‘Red Arrows’
- Veronicastrum virginicum
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Adoration’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Album’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Erica’
- Veronicastrum virginicum f. roseum ‘Pink Glow’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Fascination’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Lavendelturm’