These elegant perennials impart a lofty vertical element to the late summer garden. Adorned with distinctive narrow spires of densely-arranged tiny flowers, Veronicastrum are native to meadows and woodlands, and are simple to grow in adequately-moist soil.
PREORDER FOR SPRING 2024
Packed green buds plus petite soft pink tubular blooms populate the lanky slim, finger-like terminal racemes that are characterized by a main central spike and surrounding shorter ones. A friend to pollinators, floral artists and gardeners alike, this recent Piet Oudolf selection peacocks straight swarthy stems clothed in whorls of winsome lance-shaped pointed green leaves. ‘Challenger’s noble presence and dreamy pastel-colored blooms can be intermingled with Boltonia ‘Pink Beauty’ and Pennisetum ‘Karley Rose’.
Size: 4' 0" high x 18" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Veronicastrum sibiricum
- Veronicastrum sibiricum ‘Red Arrows’
- Veronicastrum virginicum
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Adoration’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Album’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Apollo’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Cupid’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Erica’
- Veronicastrum virginicum f. roseum ‘Pink Glow’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Fascination’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Lavendelturm’