These elegant perennials impart a lofty vertical element to the late summer garden. Adorned with distinctive narrow spires of densely arranged tiny flowers, Veronicastrum are native to meadows and woodlands, and are simple to grow in adequately moist soil.
Come late summer, when afternoon shadows lengthen across the garden, we watch for the setting sun to illuminate this stately specimen, its 15 in. long rosy lilac racemes culminate in narrow, often pendulous, vivid green-budded tips. Strong stems bearing whorled, darkly verdant linear foliage seldom need staking. Pair with arching Stipa gigantea in the border for a natural look.
Size: 5' 0" – 5-1/2' high x 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Veronicastrum sibiricum
- Veronicastrum sibiricum ‘Red Arrows’
- Veronicastrum virginicum
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Adoration’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Album’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Apollo’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Erica’
- Veronicastrum virginicum f. roseum ‘Pink Glow’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Lavendelturm’