These elegant perennials impart a lofty vertical element to the late summer garden. Adorned with distinctive narrow spires of densely-arranged tiny flowers, Veronicastrum are native to meadows and woodlands, and are simple to grow in adequately-moist soil.
Some say the chunky erect spikes resemble Cupid’s love-struck arrows; we say you’ll be smitten with the flamboyant months-long display. Subtended by smaller lateral mahogany-infused stems plus deep reddish violet buds, the chock-full amethyst-colored blooms develop halo-like white stamens atop an enduring bushy habit of staunch stalks wrapped in handsome whorled lanceolate green foliage. This easy-care statuesque perennial provides striking vertical accents, nourishes the pollinators and promises exceptional cut flowers, fresh or dried, while enjoying cool adequately-moist abodes.
Size: 4' 0" high x 18" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Veronicastrum sibiricum
- Veronicastrum sibiricum ‘Red Arrows’
- Veronicastrum virginicum
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Adoration’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Album’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Apollo’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Challenger’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Erica’
- Veronicastrum virginicum f. roseum ‘Pink Glow’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Fascination’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Lavendelturm’