These elegant perennials impart a lofty vertical element to the late summer garden. Adorned with distinctive narrow spires of densely arranged tiny flowers, Veronicastrum are native to meadows and woodlands, and are simple to grow in adequately moist soil.
Studded with lavender blue blooms, the lengthy flower spikes make an elegant presentation. Arranged in groups, they stand proudly on upright, sturdy stems, which sport spaced whorls of neat, broadly lanceolate leaves. This noble Asian native offers an admirable contrast to mounding forms, such as Amsonia hubrichtii.
Size: 5' 0" high x 18" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Veronicastrum sibiricum ‘Red Arrows’
- Veronicastrum virginicum
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Adoration’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Album’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Apollo’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Erica’
- Veronicastrum virginicum f. roseum ‘Pink Glow’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Fascination’
- Veronicastrum virginicum ‘Lavendelturm’