Chock-full of oomph and charisma, Phlox are enduring warm weather beacons, appreciating moist well-drained soil, frequent deadheading and deep basal waterings, while periodic thinning to just 4 or 6 stalks ensures healthier paniculata cultivars.
A vigorous endearing selection of our native woodland Phlox developed by esteemed plant designer Piet Oudolf, ‘May Breeze’ delivers bright sweetly scented accents to shady settings. Quantities of starry, narrow-petaled open blooms gather like pale blue to pure white clouds, floating above deep green oblong foliage. Perfect for weaving amid spring bulbs, Columbines and Beesia deltophylla, this attractive deer tolerant Phlox slowly spreads to form a small easily grown, disease-proof, semievergreen patch that charms hummingbirds and butterflies plus handles hot humid summers.
Size: 12" – 15" high x 10" – 18" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Phlox x arendsii ‘Miss Mary’
- Phlox divaricata ssp. laphamii ‘Chattahoochee’
- Phlox divaricata ‘London Grove Blue’
- Phlox glaberrima var. triflora ‘Forever Pink’
- Phlox glaberrima ‘Morris Berd’
- Phlox ‘Minnie Pearl’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Blue Paradise’
- Phlox paniculata ‘David’
- Phlox paniculata ‘David’s Lavender’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Jeana’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Nicky (Dusterlohe)’