Chock-full of oomph and charisma, Phlox are enduring warm weather beacons, appreciating moist well-drained soil, frequent deadheading and deep basal waterings, while periodic thinning to just 4 or 6 stalks ensures healthier paniculata cultivars.
Maximum flower-power and a robust disease-resistant temperament earned ‘Morris Berd’ 4 stars in the Phlox evaluations held at the Chicago Botanical Garden. Oodles of sweet smelling, clear rose-pink flowers populate lovely large panicles, while slim, bluntly pointed leaves with smooth edges define the compact, shiny dark green foundation. A somewhat taller, spring-blooming cultivar, this first-class Phlox detests drought, and flourishes in hot humid weather as well as moist rich niches.
Size: 15" – 2' 0" high x 18" – 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 3.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Phlox x arendsii ‘Miss Mary’
- Phlox divaricata ssp. laphamii ‘Chattahoochee’
- Phlox divaricata ‘London Grove Blue’
- Phlox divaricata ‘May Breeze’
- Phlox glaberrima var. triflora ‘Forever Pink’
- Phlox ‘Minnie Pearl’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Blue Paradise’
- Phlox paniculata ‘David’
- Phlox paniculata ‘David’s Lavender’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Jeana’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Nicky (Dusterlohe)’