Chock-full of oomph and charisma, Phlox are enduring warm weather beacons, appreciating moist well-drained soil, frequent deadheading and deep basal waterings, while periodic thinning to just 4 or 6 stalks ensures healthier paniculata cultivars.
AVAILABLE SPRING 2021
Developed by famed German plant breeder and nurseryman Karl Foerster, this flamboyant Phlox has been gracing gardens since 1934. German for ‘July Glow’, large conical wine-red panicles put on the ritz atop an upright lusty clump, attired in slender, glistening medium green leaves. Seductive to pollinators and all who behold them, the flirty, scented flowers flash a dark eye, promising to create a summer ruckus in borders or more informal venues when associated with Veronicastrum ‘Erica’, Molinia ‘Purple Infusion’ and Eupatorium ‘Glutball’.
Size: 2-1/2' – 3' 0" high x 18" – 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Phlox x arendsii ‘Miss Mary’
- Phlox divaricata ssp. laphamii ‘Chattahoochee’
- Phlox divaricata ‘London Grove Blue’
- Phlox divaricata ‘May Breeze’
- Phlox glaberrima var. triflora ‘Forever Pink’
- Phlox glaberrima ‘Morris Berd’
- Phlox ‘Minnie Pearl’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Blue Paradise’
- Phlox paniculata ‘David’
- Phlox paniculata ‘David’s Lavender’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Jeana’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Nicky (Dusterlohe)’