Chock-full of oomph and charisma, Phlox are enduring warm weather beacons, appreciating moist well-drained soil, frequent deadheading and deep basal waterings, while periodic thinning to just 4 or 6 stalks ensures healthier paniculata cultivars.
Discovered by the astute folks from North Creek Nursery at a plant sale in London Grove, PA, this handsome shade-happy ground cover is a light blue flowering form of the eastern North American woodland Phlox. The sweetly fragrant 5-petaled blooms are held in loose clusters that lure the butterflies and hummingbirds, while widely spaced lance-shaped green foliage forms an attractive spreading compact clump, coloring fall days with burgundy shades. Appreciative of fertile, adequately moist, free draining abodes, ‘London Grove Blue’ mingles well with Aquilegia ‘Kristall’, Tiarella ‘Dark Star’ and Geranium phaeum ‘Album’.
Size: 12" – 15" high x 10" – 18" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Phlox x arendsii ‘Miss Mary’
- Phlox divaricata ssp. laphamii ‘Chattahoochee’
- Phlox divaricata ‘May Breeze’
- Phlox glaberrima var. triflora ‘Forever Pink’
- Phlox glaberrima ‘Morris Berd’
- Phlox ‘Minnie Pearl’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Blue Paradise’
- Phlox paniculata ‘David’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Davidís Lavender’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Jeana’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Juliglut’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Nicky (Dusterlohe)’