Chock-full of oomph and charisma, Phlox are enduring warm weather beacons, appreciating moist well-drained soil, frequent deadheading and deep basal waterings. Periodic thinning to just four or six stalks ensures healthier paniculata cultivars.
Originating as a chance sport of the esteemed variety, ‘David’, this cultivar flaunts broad, 8 to 10 in. tall, tightly packed flower heads with enchanting lilac hues. ‘David’s Lavender’ is a sophisticated summer mainstay for the garden that lures both gardeners and butterflies alike, especially when accompanied by Persicaria ‘Summer Dance’ and Centranthus ‘Pretty Betsy’. This floriferous Phlox possesses excellent mildew resistance. (PPAF)
Size: 3-1/2' – 4' 0" high x 3' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Phlox x arendsii ‘Miss Mary’
- Phlox divaricata ssp. laphamii ‘Chattahoochee’
- Phlox divaricata ‘London Grove Blue’
- Phlox divaricata ‘May Breeze’
- Phlox glaberrima var. triflora ‘Forever Pink’
- Phlox glaberrima ‘Morris Berd’
- Phlox ‘Minnie Pearl’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Blue Paradise’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Countess of Schwerin’
- Phlox paniculata ‘David’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Jeana’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Juliglut’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Nicky (Dusterlohe)’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Olenka’