Chock-full of oomph and charisma, Phlox are enduring warm weather beacons, appreciating moist well-drained soil, frequent deadheading and deep basal waterings, while periodic thinning to just 4 or 6 stalks ensures healthier paniculata cultivars.
This reliable hard working beauty parades massive ambrosial trusses hoisted by a compact bushy pedestal of well-branched sturdy stems and tailored green leaves that look lush all the way to the ground. The stylish, broad nearly 1 ft. tall blooms unfurl in light blue hues, mature with dazzling deep blue-violet shades and develop reddish purple margins as they age, while their stunning colors appear either more blue or more purple depending upon the light.
Size: 2' 0" – 3' 0" high x 18" – 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 5.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Phlox x arendsii ‘Miss Mary’
- Phlox divaricata ssp. laphamii ‘Chattahoochee’
- Phlox divaricata ‘London Grove Blue’
- Phlox divaricata ‘May Breeze’
- Phlox glaberrima var. triflora ‘Forever Pink’
- Phlox glaberrima ‘Morris Berd’
- Phlox ‘Minnie Pearl’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Countess of Schwerin’
- Phlox paniculata ‘David’
- Phlox paniculata ‘David’s Lavender’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Jeana’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Juliglut’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Nicky (Dusterlohe)’
- Phlox paniculata ‘Olenka’