A profusion of oblong, catkin-like blooms resides above decorative pinnate foliage, generating interest for months. Happiest in a sunny spot where the soil stays moist, these hearty perennials offer contrasting clarity to the softer, less defined forms in the naturalized garden or a border.
An assemblage of refined, feathery blue-green foliage gives way to slender branching stems and tightly arranged, finger-length blooms in vivid dark red shades. Earlier to flower than other Sanguisorbas, this enticing perennial cavorts with Nepeta ‘Wild Cat’ and Festuca mairei in our border.
Size: 2-3/4' high x 16" – 18" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Sanguisorba ‘Blackthorn’
- Sanguisorba ‘Cangshan Cranberry’
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis ‘Lilac Squirrel’
- Sanguisorba obtusa
- Sanguisorba officinalis
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Chocolate Tip’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Crimson Queen’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Red Thunder’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Tanna’
- Sanguisorba ‘Pink Tanna’
- Sanguisorba tenuifolia ‘Alba’