A profusion of oblong, catkin-like blooms resides above decorative pinnate foliage, generating interest for months. Happiest in a sunny spot where the soil stays moist, these hearty perennials offer contrasting clarity to the softer, less defined forms in the naturalized garden or a border.
AVAILABLE LATE MAY 2021
A textural delight of saw-toothed, finely divided leaves, ‘Alba’s clump-forming mound lays the foundation for slim, fluffy white, drooping blooms. The elegant cylindrical flowers are abundantly borne on tall branching stems, well above the energetic greenery, and look like luminous catkins caught in a rain shower.
Size: 4' 0" – 5' 0" high x 18" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Sanguisorba ‘Blackthorn’
- Sanguisorba ‘Cangshan Cranberry’
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis ‘Lilac Squirrel’
- Sanguisorba menziesii
- Sanguisorba obtusa
- Sanguisorba officinalis
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Chocolate Tip’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Crimson Queen’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Martins Mulberry’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Red Thunder’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Tanna’
- Sanguisorba ‘Pink Tanna’
- Sanguisorba tenuifolia ‘Pink Elephant’