A profusion of oblong, catkin-like blooms resides above decorative pinnate foliage, generating interest for months. Happiest in a sunny spot where the soil stays moist, these hearty perennials offer contrasting clarity to the softer, less defined forms in the naturalized garden or a border.
AVAILABLE APRIL 2021
A ‘see-through’ plethora of dense, muted pink catkins with pale rose-colored stamens alight sturdy, erect branching stems above a decorative, grass-green basal clump. Beloved by butterflies, the spry, furry blooms turn a warm russet-brown as they age, while close-set, toothed pinnate foliage offers bright canary-yellow hues for autumn. Adaptable to clay soil and larger than the more well-known ‘Tanna’, this durable perennial’s easy-to-blend, long-lasting blooms can be massed near the front of the border or in a less formal venue.
Size: 18" – 2' 0" high x 18" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Sanguisorba ‘Blackthorn’
- Sanguisorba ‘Cangshan Cranberry’
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis ‘Lilac Squirrel’
- Sanguisorba menziesii
- Sanguisorba obtusa
- Sanguisorba officinalis
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Chocolate Tip’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Crimson Queen’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Martins Mulberry’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Red Thunder’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Tanna’
- Sanguisorba tenuifolia ‘Alba’
- Sanguisorba tenuifolia ‘Pink Elephant’