A profusion of oblong, catkin-like blooms resides above decorative pinnate foliage, generating interest for months. Happiest in a sunny spot where the soil stays moist, these hearty perennials offer contrasting clarity to softer, less defined forms in borders or in more naturalized plantings.
This lofty new English introduction arose as a chance seedling at Martin Lowne’s West Acre Gardens. Soaring far beyond a refined substantial green clump of 15 toothed, somewhat oblong pinnate leaflets, the sturdy self-supporting stalks plus loosely arranged branched stems host countless plump wine-hued blooms heightened by deep plum shades. Tailor-made for cut arrangements, ‘Martin’s Mulberry’s dense full-toned blooms and willowy visage can be threaded amongst bedfellows like Cephalaria gigantea, Aster ‘Violetta’ and Molinia ‘Skyracer’.
Size: 5' 0" – 6' 0" high x 2' 0" – 2-1/2' wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Sanguisorba ‘Blackthorn’
- Sanguisorba ‘Burr Blanc’
- Sanguisorba ‘Cangshan Cranberry’
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis ‘Lilac Squirrel’
- Sanguisorba menziesii
- Sanguisorba menziesii ‘Wake Up’
- Sanguisorba obtusa
- Sanguisorba officinalis
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Arnhem’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Chocolate Tip’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Crimson Queen’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Red Thunder’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Tanna’
- Sanguisorba ‘Pink Tanna’
- Sanguisorba tenuifolia ‘Alba’
- Sanguisorba tenuifolia ‘Pink Elephant’