A profusion of oblong, catkin-like blooms resides above decorative pinnate foliage, generating interest for months. Happiest in a sunny spot where the soil stays moist, these hearty perennials offer contrasting clarity to softer, less defined forms in borders or in more naturalized plantings.
Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Arnhem’ (P-2193)
Stretching to grand heights, lean branching stems cushion a mesmerizing see-through froth of snug ovoid-shaped blooms dressed in lavish burgundy-red shades. The suave saw-toothed pinnate foliage shapes a loose green foliar mound that is anchored by sturdy underground rhizomes. Popular among bees, floral artists and plant lovers, ‘Arnhem’ can be interspersed with other natural-style mates such as Panicum ‘Purple Tears’ and Aster ‘Fellowship’ for easy-care late season oomph.
Size: 5' 0" – 6' 0" high x 2' 0" – 2-1/2' wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Sanguisorba ‘Blackthorn’
- Sanguisorba ‘Burr Blanc’
- Sanguisorba ‘Cangshan Cranberry’
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis ‘Lilac Squirrel’
- Sanguisorba menziesii
- Sanguisorba menziesii ‘Wake Up’
- Sanguisorba obtusa
- Sanguisorba officinalis
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Chocolate Tip’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Crimson Queen’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Martin’s Mulberry’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Morning Select’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Red Thunder’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Tanna’
- Sanguisorba ‘Pink Tanna’
- Sanguisorba ‘Proud Mary’
- Sanguisorba tenuifolia ‘Alba’
- Sanguisorba tenuifolia ‘Pink Elephant’