A profusion of oblong, catkin-like blooms resides above decorative pinnate foliage, generating interest for months. Happiest in a sunny spot where the soil stays moist, these hearty perennials offer contrasting clarity to softer, less defined forms in borders or in more naturalized plantings.
PREORDER FOR SPRING 2024
Embodied with astringent properties, the Great Burnet’s handsome foliage can soothe not only inflamed skin but your senses as well. The vigorous rounded clump is an airy cool green arrangement of deeply cut, toothed basal leaves that promotes a relaxed presence in the landscape. Come summer, the mood changes when thin, tall branching stems lift tightly set, blood-red bottlebrushes. Create a fervor, plant en masse and savor the alluring color and shape of the flowers, especially when juxtaposed against Seseli gummiferum’s white umbels.
Size: 3' 0" – 4' 0" high x 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Sanguisorba ‘Blackthorn’
- Sanguisorba ‘Burr Blanc’
- Sanguisorba ‘Cangshan Cranberry’
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis ‘Lilac Squirrel’
- Sanguisorba menziesii
- Sanguisorba menziesii ‘Wake Up’
- Sanguisorba obtusa
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Arnhem’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Chocolate Tip’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Crimson Queen’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Martin’s Mulberry’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Morning Select’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Red Thunder’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Tanna’
- Sanguisorba ‘Pink Tanna’
- Sanguisorba ‘Proud Mary’
- Sanguisorba tenuifolia ‘Alba’
- Sanguisorba tenuifolia ‘Pink Elephant’