A profusion of oblong, catkin-like blooms resides above decorative pinnate foliage, generating interest for months. Happiest in a sunny spot where the soil stays moist, these hearty perennials offer contrasting clarity to the softer, less defined forms in the naturalized garden or a border.
Fluffy, decidedly feminine and pendulous, the 5 in. long squirrel tail blooms are draped like bodacious pink boas atop sparsely leafed sturdy stems. Loose fine textured filaments define the look-at-me flowers, while red-infused petioles and bold blue-green pinnate leaves further enhance the beguilement.
Size: 20" – 2-1/2' high x 15" – 18" wide.
Hardy to zone 5.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Sanguisorba ‘Blackthorn’
- Sanguisorba ‘Cangshan Cranberry’
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis
- Sanguisorba menziesii
- Sanguisorba obtusa
- Sanguisorba officinalis
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Chocolate Tip’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Crimson Queen’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Martins Mulberry’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Red Thunder’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Tanna’
- Sanguisorba ‘Pink Tanna’
- Sanguisorba tenuifolia ‘Alba’
- Sanguisorba tenuifolia ‘Pink Elephant’