A profusion of oblong, catkin-like blooms resides above decorative pinnate foliage, generating interest for months. Happiest in a sunny spot where the soil stays moist, these hearty perennials offer contrasting clarity to softer, less defined forms in borders or in more naturalized plantings.
AVAILABLE SPRING 2022
Collected in Yunnan, China by plantsman Dan Hinkley, ‘Cangshan Cranberry’ is a stately late-blooming cultivar whose daring bottlebrush-like flowers are suffused with fabulous dusky-burgundy hues. Inspiring British nursery proprietor Marina Christopher to coin the namesake, copious close-knit bobbles roost atop tall, slender, self-supporting reddish stems, while oval-shaped blue-green leaflets distinguish the winsome jagged-edged pinnate foliage. A dynamic counterpoint to blousey trusses and spires as well as daisy-style blooms, this tall, seldom offered Sanguisorba can be peppered amid Phlox ‘Miss Mary’, Veronicastrum ‘Pink Glow’ and Helianthus salicifolia to great effect. (DJHC535)
Size: 5' 0" – 6' 0" high x 18" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Sanguisorba ‘Blackthorn’
- Sanguisorba ‘Burr Blanc’
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis ‘Lilac Squirrel’
- Sanguisorba menziesii
- Sanguisorba menziesii ‘Wake Up’
- Sanguisorba obtusa
- Sanguisorba officinalis
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Arnhem’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Chocolate Tip’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Crimson Queen’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Martin’s Mulberry’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Red Thunder’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Tanna’
- Sanguisorba ‘Pink Tanna’
- Sanguisorba tenuifolia ‘Alba’
- Sanguisorba tenuifolia ‘Pink Elephant’