A profusion of oblong, catkin-like blooms resides above decorative pinnate foliage, generating interest for months. Happiest in a sunny spot where the soil stays moist, these hearty perennials offer contrasting clarity to softer, less defined forms in borders or in more naturalized plantings.
Sanguisorba ‘Burr Blanc’ (P-2207)
Often touted as one of the best Sanguisorbas to grow, this elegant hybrid seedling was selected from a group of Sanguisorba tenuifolia var. parviflora plants by Graham Gough at Marchants Hardy Plants, his East Sussex nursery. Copious cylindrical green buds plus elongated, slightly nodding snowy-white flowers gambol upon lithe, upright branching stems and attractive pinnate foliage that’s intricately cut into narrow, saw-toothed oblong deep green leaflets. Presenting a reliable and peppy persona coupled with long-standing pollinator-friendly blooms, ‘Burr Blanc’ can be situated amid Boltonia ‘Snowbank’, Eryngium yuccifolium and Echinops ‘Platinum Blue’ for luminous color echoes.
Blooms July–mid October
Size: 4' 0" – 5' 0" high x 18" – 2' 0" wide.
Hardy to zone 4.
Please fill out our Registration Form to receive news of updates to the web site, availability of new plants, give us your feedback, and to be on the mailing list to receive future printed catalogs.
Other selections in this genus:
- Sanguisorba ‘Blackthorn’
- Sanguisorba ‘Cangshan Cranberry’
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis
- Sanguisorba hakusanensis ‘Lilac Squirrel’
- Sanguisorba menziesii
- Sanguisorba menziesii ‘Wake Up’
- Sanguisorba obtusa
- Sanguisorba officinalis
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Arnhem’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Chocolate Tip’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Crimson Queen’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Martin’s Mulberry’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Morning Select’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Red Thunder’
- Sanguisorba officinalis ‘Tanna’
- Sanguisorba ‘Pink Tanna’
- Sanguisorba ‘Proud Mary’
- Sanguisorba tenuifolia ‘Alba’
- Sanguisorba tenuifolia ‘Pink Elephant’